Amanda-Users

Re: problems with label of tape in last slot

2005-10-27 03:53:05
Subject: Re: problems with label of tape in last slot
From: Stefan Herrmann <magic99de AT web DOT de>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 09:46:38 +0200

Am 25.10.2005 um 10:13 schrieb Paul Bijnens:
Stefan Herrmann wrote:
I am using tpchanger "chg-disk" and got a problem with labeling the tape in the last slot. I always get an error the first time I label the tape in there. but when I execute the label
command the second time with same parameters, labeling works.
labeling works, but I often have problems with the label of the tape in the last slot. is this
a known issue ?

Never seen it.

But it helps if you stated what error it was...

Note that the number slots in chg-disk is tuned by the "tapecycle"
value.  Also slots start numbering at 1.  What is the tapecycle and
what slotnumber has problems?

What's also "strange" in your problem: you only have to label such a vtape only once; your question is worded like you do this weekly or so.

Do you also have a problem when reading the label?

yes I do have problems:

stefan:/usr/local/amanda/etc/amanda/daily amanda$ amtape daily label daily2
amtape: scanning for tape with label daily2
amtape: slot 3: date X        label daily3 (wrong tape)
amtape: slot 4: date X        label daily4 (wrong tape)
amtape: slot 5: date X        label daily5 (wrong tape)
amtape: slot 6: date X        label daily6 (wrong tape)
amtape: slot 7: date X        label daily7 (wrong tape)
amtape: slot expr:: tape_rdlabel: tape open: syntax error: No such file or directory
amtape: slot 1: date 20051026 label daily1 (wrong tape)
amtape: slot 2: date 20051027 label daily2 (exact label match)
amtape: label daily2 is now loaded.

the tape in slot 8 (daily8) cant be scanned. so if i want to load daily8 there is no match and I cant load the tape :(

bye
Stefan Herrmann