Amanda-Users

Backup of client failing

2005-10-20 11:23:24
Subject: Backup of client failing
From: shoaib r <shabswork AT yahoo.co DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 16:10:42 +0100 (BST)
Hi

Does anyone have an ideas why my client box doesn't get backed up? amcheck come back fine, but the backups do not complete.

the tapeserver communicates ok with the client via inetd.

If I specify just the filesystems on the tapeserver, the backups complete sucessfully within 7 minutes.

But when I include the client server (cleint01) filesystems, things time out. I've played around with all the timeout settings in amanda.conf with no progress at all.

planner: FAILED client01 /u01 20051018 0 [disk /u01, all estimate timed out]
planner: FAILED client01 /opt 20051018 0 [disk /opt, all estimate timed out]
planner: FAILED client01 /var 20051018 0 [disk /var, all estimate timed out]
planner: FAILED client01 /usr 20051018 0 [disk /usr, all estimate timed out]
planner: FAILED client01 / 20051018 0 [disk /, all estimate timed out]
Any ideas?

Thanks

Shabs