Amanda-Users

Sony AIT LIB-81 and Amanda

2005-10-17 10:09:35
Subject: Sony AIT LIB-81 and Amanda
From: "Urs Steiner, iET SA" <us AT iet DOT ch>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 15:40:50 +0200
Hi all

we just received a new tape library and I should install it and begin to make backups with it.

As this is my first tape library I dont have the faintest idea how to handle something like that :-).

Has anybody the LIB-81 (with AIT-4 tapes) by Sony or something similar in use with amanda and can give me some pointers on how to setup this thing from the amanda side (i.e tape size, device name, etc)?

We probably want to have some daily backups on a weekly rotation (tu-sa morning -> 5tapes) and also do some weekly/monthly backups to keep off site.

Many thank in advance
Urs Steiner

iET SA                                     e-mail:  us from iet point ch
Albisstrasse 11                            Telefon: +41  1 485 44 83
8038 Zuerich                               Fax:     +41  1 485 44 86
                                          Handy:   +41 78 790 32 16