Amanda-Users

sdlt220 on Fedora Core 4

2005-10-14 10:16:23
Subject: sdlt220 on Fedora Core 4
From: Christopher Davis <giarmdok AT usa DOT net>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 08:06:19 -0600
After much digging around I found a way to always have my tape configured for
no hardware compression without my constantly having to turn it off.

Here's what I did.

I create a /etc/stinit.def file with the following entries:

# Quantum SDLT220
manufacturer=QUANTUM model="SuperDLT1" {
timeout=3600
long-timeout=14400
mode1 blocksize=0 density=0x48 compression=1 # SDLT220 density, compression
on
mode2 blocksize=0 density=0x48 compression=0 # SDLT220 density, compression
off
mode3 blocksize=0 density=0x41 compression=1 # SDLT8000 density, compression
on
mode4 blocksize=0 density=0x41 compression=0 # SDLT8000 density, compression
off
}

A amtapetype returned the following:

define tapetype sdlt220nocomp {
    comment "just produced by tapetype prog (hardware compression off)"
    length 109539 mbytes
    filemark 0 kbytes
    speed 10351 kps
}

This came out of a document I found on the Quantum Website.

Then I created a script in /etc/init.d linked into /etc/rc5.d called amanda:

#!/bin/bash
#
# amanda        This shell script processes needed commands
#               to support an amanda server
#