Amanda-Users

Re: Tapelist issue only using 3 tape out of a tapecycle of 10.

2005-10-06 04:36:13
Subject: Re: Tapelist issue only using 3 tape out of a tapecycle of 10.
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 10:10:11 +0200
Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator wrote:

In order to keep the set of tapes consistant, the new tape should have
the same label as the old tape. So I used the label DailySet107.

     1. Connect on Amanda server, first as root, then change to the user
        amanda, with the command su.
     2. Edit the file /etc/amanda/DailySet1/tapelist and remove the line
        containing the label,(DailySet107) Usually the line is the last
one of the file. 3. Edit the file /usr/local/etc/amanda/tapelist.yesterday in the
        same way. Usually the line is the one before the last.
     4. prepare a new tape and write the label on it with the command:
        amlabel normal DailySet107.
     5. Edit the file /etc/amanda/DailySet1/tapelist again, note that
        the line with the label is back, but it is now at the top of the
        file, and the number at the begining is 0. Just move that line
        to the bottom of the file. This worked So I assumed.

Editing the tapelist by hand should be avoided, in general.
Your procedure works, but you could have just used "amlabel -f" on the new tape as well ...

Stefan

--
Stefan G. Weichinger
AMANDA core team member