Amanda-Users

Re: Why Oh Why only THIS DLE is giving me those timeout problems ?

2005-08-30 14:47:34
Subject: Re: Why Oh Why only THIS DLE is giving me those timeout problems ?
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 14:30:33 -0400
On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 01:31:12PM -0400, Guy Dallaire wrote:
> 2005/8/30, Graeme Humphries <graeme.humphries AT vcom DOT com>:
> >
> > >And is there a way to find the number of HARD links ?
> > >

> > Find should do this... let's see... Yep, according to "man find", %n in
> > its internal printf will give you the number of hard links to a file.
> > So, something like this should give you useful output about what files
> > have multiple hard links:
> >
> > find . -printf "%n %p\n" | sort -r
> >

> Unfortunately, looks like sun's find command does not have the printf
> option built in. What is strange tough is that if I do a "find /disk1
> -links +1" I find a LOT of files. According to find's man page, the
> links +1 parameter predicate is true if file has n links....

If you load the companion CD software that came with your Solaris distro
you will also have a gfind (gnu find) command.  Also obtainable from
blastwave.org and others.

Then to get a count you could do something like:

        gfind . -type f -links +1 -printf '%i\n' | sort | uniq | wc -l

With the Solaris (POSIX) or gnufind find try:

        find . -type f -links +1 -ls | cut -d' ' -f1 | sort | uniq | wc -l

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)