Amanda-Users

Re: Why Oh Why only THIS DLE is giving me those timeout problems ?

2005-08-30 14:08:04
Subject: Re: Why Oh Why only THIS DLE is giving me those timeout problems ?
From: Guy Dallaire <clepeterd AT gmail DOT com>
To: Graeme Humphries <graeme.humphries AT vcom DOT com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:58:24 -0400
2005/8/30, Graeme Humphries <graeme.humphries AT vcom DOT com>:
> Guy Dallaire wrote:
>
> >Well, it looks like all the files with more than 1 link I find on this
> >filesystem are directories. I presume it is normal that a directory
> >has more than one link ?
> >

> Indeed... now that I think about it, I'm surprised I didn't think of it
> before. Each directory has the following:
>
> - a hard link from its parent directory
> - a hard link from itself (".")
> - a hard link from any child directory ("..")
>
> At least, that's what makes sense in my head to explain this. Am I right
> here, folks? :)

Yes that's what I think it is.

So the "link" lead is not the problem here. I don not have REGULAR
files link. So I'm not backing up files more than once. There must be
something else.

What I did for now is that I splitted the /disk1 disk into 2 DLE's.
One that has to be backed up everyday (my oracle hot database files)
and the rest of the disk (for which I care less)

I hope this way, I will get my oracle datafiles dumped to tape every day.