Amanda-Users

Re: BSD Users: Barcode Readers w/ chio(1)/mtx(1) ?

2005-08-25 12:50:50
Subject: Re: BSD Users: Barcode Readers w/ chio(1)/mtx(1) ?
From: Alexander Jolk <alexj AT buf DOT com>
To: "Douglas K. Rand" <rand AT meridian-enviro DOT com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 18:29:49 +0200
Douglas K. Rand wrote:
** On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 19:19:51 -0400 (EDT), "Brian A. Seklecki" <lavalamp AT
spiritual-machines DOT org> said:

Brian> Some web sites offer printing of custom labels.

We ordered ours from ISSI for our AIT tapes. It was only one order,
and a while ago, and I don't remember any good or bad things about the
experience.

I would be surprised if you couldn't get GNU barcode to print labels for this changer. I spent a few hours fine-tuning its parameters so I can print a whole (A4) sheet, and now all I have to do is find a sheet of adhesive A4 paper, print, cut myself a few times, and I get all the barcodes I want at negligible cost.

The command line for LTO labels on A4 paper that I use, BTW is:
barcode -o code.ps -e code39 -umm -g75x15 -t2x15 -pa4 -m15x2 -c

Alex

--
Alexander Jolk         /         BUF Compagnie
tel +33-1 42 68 18 28 /  fax +33-1 42 68 18 29