Amanda-Users

Tapes management

2005-08-19 10:11:56
Subject: Tapes management
From: tanguy yoann <tanguy_yoann AT yahoo DOT fr>
To: amanda <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 15:59:09 +0200 (CEST)
Hi

I want to make a full backup every month. At the end
of each month, I want to burn on dvd the backup (so I
use file tapes of 4.7 Gb).  For example, I use three
tapes (tape1, tape2, tape3). I want to backup the data
on tape1.  I have three tapes for the case that I do
not have enough place with only one. I want that the
backup of the next month also starts on tape1 and
crushes the backup of the previous month.  The problem
is if the first backup is on the first tape, the next
backup starts on the second tape.  How can I do to
start again on the first tape?

Sorry for my english

Regards

Yoann, TANGUY