Amanda-Users

RE: My First changer.debug

2005-08-07 11:02:18
Subject: RE: My First changer.debug
From: "Scott R. Burns" <Scott.Burns AT Netcontech DOT Com>
To: "Marcus" <ashogunnamedmarcus AT yahoo DOT com>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 10:38:28 -0400
I think you can run the same commands on mtx that chg-scsi takes.

WARNING: I have not looked to see if all commands are supported by MTX and I
have not looked at
which ones may be destructive to tape contents. Do your research there
before you start unless
you are using a blank tape you can relabel.

>From the directory where your amanda.conf and chg-mtx.conf file are run
the chg-mtx command directly. The valid commands for chg-scsi are:

chg-mtx -slot [#]
chg-mtx -info
chg-mtx -reset
chg-mtx -eject