Amanda-Users

RE: My First changer.debug

2005-08-03 22:35:18
Subject: RE: My First changer.debug
From: "Scott R. Burns" <Scott.Burns AT Netcontech DOT Com>
To: "Marcus" <ashogunnamedmarcus AT yahoo DOT com>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 22:26:48 -0400
I have not used chg-mtx, I used chg-scsi... this may be of some help...

1) runtapes is the number of tapes that can be used in 1 backup run, not how
many are available in the changer (just in case you thought that is what it
may have meant)

2) tapedev is set to "0" when using chg-scsi, not sure if this matters for
mtx ?

3) chg-scsi requires a chg-scsi.conf file to tell it what is out there to
work with. Not sure if mtx's changer interface requires this. Mine is
attached below:

changerident    C1553A
changerdev      /dev/ch0 (NetBSD has a specific changer device. This appears
to be your /dev/sg1)
debug           9:0
#
# Next comes the data for drive 0
#
config          0
drivenum        0
dev             /dev/nrst0      # the device that is used for the tapedrive
0
scsitapedev     /dev/rst0
startuse        0       # The slots associated with the drive 0 for amanda
tapes
enduse          4       #
statfile        /usr/pkg/etc/amanda/st0-slot  # The file where the actual
slot is stored
cleancart       5       # the slot where the cleaningcartridge for drive 0
is located
cleanfile       /usr/pkg/etc/amanda/st0-clean # The file where the cleanings
are recorded
usagecount      /usr/pkg/etc/amanda/totaltime
tapestatus      /usr/pkg/etc/amanda/st0-status

Scott R. Burns
NETCON Technologies Inc.
Suite 135 - 4474 Blakie Road
London, Ontario, Canada