Amanda-Users

Checking out amanda

2005-08-02 10:59:35
Subject: Checking out amanda
From: Marcus <ashogunnamedmarcus AT yahoo DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 07:51:18 -0700 (PDT)
Good morning list,

I'm starting a huge video project and need to archive
hundreds of gigs of captured video footage to DLT for
later retrieval and editing. Amanda looks like it may
do what I want but had a few quick questions about it.

-Per browsing the conf file, amanda includes tape set
and rotation functionality. Is there a way to bypass
or ignore this? My workflow will be to archive big
chunks of stuff and set it aside forever, perhaps
restore it once or twice. I'm interested in it's tape
labelling and cataloging though, so I can keep track
of tape usage and wear

-the DLT tapes I have are already used. does amanda
have any facility for checking tape integrity before
use? Otherwise I just plan of having it verify the
backups.

-I have an Adic Fastor DLT4 seven tape changer. Has
anyone had luck getting this to run (with changer) in
amanda?

Thanks for any help!
Mark