Amanda-Users

chg-zd-mtx doesn't automatically store the barcodes in changer-barcodes?

2005-07-29 18:25:55
Subject: chg-zd-mtx doesn't automatically store the barcodes in changer-barcodes?
From: Cam <cameron.matheson AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 16:06:05 -0600
Hi,

I mailed the list about my setup for chg-zd-mtx being ignored (turned
out i had written my config file wrong... i was doing <var> <value>
instead of <var>=<value>.  Thanks for everyone's speedy reply on that.
 Anyway, i think i may still have some sort of problem, because
/etc/amanda/DailySet1's changer-barcodes file was empty.  If i run
'amtape DailySet1 update' it will add the current tape and it's
barcode to that file, but i would have thought that this would all be
done automatically everynight?  Maybe i still have some sort of error
in my configuration? or is that just not a feature?

Thanks,
Cameron Matheson

P.S. Sorry if i'm not specific enough... i couldn't think of any log
files or anything to attach, here's my changer.conf:

firstslot=1
lastslot=30
cleanslot=-1
havereader=1
offline_before_unload=0

and my barcodes file
DailySet1000 AA1586
DailySet1046 A57182
DailySet1001 AA1589
(it's not being updated unless i run the amtape update myself