Amanda-Users

Re: planner,dumper and amcheck keep reverting back to (not setuid-root)

2005-07-29 10:43:40
Subject: Re: planner,dumper and amcheck keep reverting back to (not setuid-root)
From: Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator <chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 15:34:29 +0100
Hi

I have been running amanda 2.4.4 around three months now on two servers
One on our main file server the other for a spin out company as part of
our SLA.
The spin out companies has the exact setup except for Label string and
name of the report.

I run by hand amcheck it is in my crontab but every now and then I run
it to check.

Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
WARNING: program /usr/lib/amanda/planner: not setuid-root
WARNING: program /usr/lib/amanda/dumper: not setuid-root
WARNING: program /usr/sbin/amcheck: not setuid-root

 Thus I use chmod u+s as root.

# chmod u+s /usr/lib/amanda/planner
# chmod u+s /usr/lib/amanda/dumper
# chmod u+s /usr/sbin/amcheck

The above sorts this out bit I have had to do this a few times this
week.

I haven't got to do this on the other tape server Where is the best
place to check why it keeps reverting to the following below.

-rwxr-x---   1 root   disk 166883 Jul  1  2004 planner
-rwxr-x---   1 root   disk 165718 Jul  1  2004 dumper
and also amcheck in /usr/sbin .

Cheers

Chcuk

--