Amanda-Users

Problem with restore :(

2005-07-14 11:24:37
Subject: Problem with restore :(
From: Сергій Котенко <kotenko AT softline.kiev DOT ua>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 18:02:50 +0000
Hello! I have a problem: at attempt of restoration of files amanda speaks the
following:

[code]
EOF, check amidxtaped.<timestamp>.debug file on guardian.
amrecover: short block 0 bytes
UNKNOWN file
amrecover: Can't read file header
extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1
Continue [?/Y/n/r]?
[/code]

I do so:

[code]
amrecover svn -s guardian -t guardian -d file:/amandatapes/svn
(I shall pass reports of information :) )
amrecover> sethost tux
amrecover> setdisk /var/www/localhost
amrecover> setdate ---10
amrecover> cd svn
amrecover> add work
amrecover> extract
Extracting files using tape drive chg-disk on host guardian.
The following tapes are needed: svn17
                                svn7
                                svn10
                                svn11

Restoring files into directory /var/www/localhost
Continue [?/Y/n]? Y

Extracting files using tape drive chg-disk on host guardian.
Load tape svn17 now
Continue [?/Y/n/s/t]? Y
EOF, check amidxtaped.<timestamp>.debug file on guardian.
amrecover: short block 0 bytes
UNKNOWN file
amrecover: Can't read file header
extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1
Continue [?/Y/n/r]?

[/code]

And certainly, I on a server do

[code]

sudo -u amanda amtape svn slot 17

[/code]

Tried to specify type tpchanger
[code]
settape chg-disk
[/code]
but has not helped.

My amanda.conf has these entries:
[code]

tpchanger "chg-disk"
changerfile "/var/spool/amanda/svn/changer"
tapedev "file:/amandatapes/svn"
labelstr "^svn[0-9][0-9]*$"
infofile "/var/spool/amanda/svn/curinfo"
logdir  "/var/spool/amanda/svn"
indexdir "/var/spool/amanda/svn/index"

[/code]

I read the docs, googled like there's no tomorrow, but i can't seem to
 get this right.
What am i missing here?
Thankful in advance for the answer