Amanda-Users

Re: Antw: Re: Problems with amverifyrun

2005-07-11 09:06:18
Subject: Re: Antw: Re: Problems with amverifyrun
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martinea AT iro.umontreal DOT ca>
To: MATILDA MATILDA <MATILDA AT grandel DOT de>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 08:38:52 -0400
On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 10:47:25PM +0200, MATILDA MATILDA wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> taking the following two statements:

> >Agreed, safety and time make it undesireable to my thinking.
>
> I have to conclude:
> 1) The current behaviour is "normal" and more or less intended.  ;-)
> 2) At the moment there is no amanda inherent solution to my problem.
> 3) My wish concerning error reporting is not too strange.

That's already the the amanda wishlist:

    * amverify/amverifyrun:

      It should look at the log file and compare the result.

That's the only way to know if the error are normal (expected by amanda)
or not.

The job of amverify is to read a tape and report all error/success and it does
it job correctly.

It's amverifyrun that should be enhanced/rewritten to read the result from
amverify and compare the result with the log written by amanda.

Jean-Louis
--
Jean-Louis Martineau             email: martineau AT iro.umontreal DOT ca
Département IRO, Université de Montréal