Amanda-Users

Re: Antw: Re: Problems with amverifyrun

2005-07-08 20:23:27
Subject: Re: Antw: Re: Problems with amverifyrun
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 20:19:57 -0400
On Friday 08 July 2005 16:47, MATILDA MATILDA wrote:
>Hi guys,
>
>taking the following two statements:
>>
>>Agreed, safety and time make it undesireable to my thinking.
>
>I have to conclude:
>1) The current behaviour is "normal" and more or less intended.  ;-)
>2) At the moment there is no amanda inherent solution to my problem.
>3) My wish concerning error reporting is not too strange.
>
>So my question now: Is there an solution in sight or can it be
> implemented?

I'm not an amanda coder.  Now that we've got that out of the way, I
have in the past 30 or so years, written some code.  Based on that,
it does seem to me that its a solvable problem, either by fixing
amverify, or amdump to not write the "I know its gonna be short and
incomplete" file in the first place.  In the interests of time
efficiency, I'd vote for the latter solution if given the choice.

>Thanks for all answers.
>
>Best regards
>Andreas

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)