Amanda-Users

Re: Problems with amverifyrun

2005-07-08 17:11:27
Subject: Re: Problems with amverifyrun
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 23:03:34 +0200

Gene:

To me, the obvious cure would be to remove the partial file

Frank:

This seems dangerous to me.

 It seems easier and safer to to just have amverify buffer the
error and if it is successful in reading the DLE from the next
tape don't output the error.

Gene:

Which makes perfect sense to me. And, it shouldn't take more than say 10-15 lines of code to do it.

I agree that this should be solved in amverify(run).
I really like the idea of limiting write-access to (v)tapes to amdump.

After the dumps have been done, successfully or hitting EOT, the rest should be read-only and errors covered by the binaries accessing the (v)tapes.

Following this principle seems to reduce risk to me.

Stefan

--
Stefan G. Weichinger
AMANDA core team member