Amanda-Users

The Old '[hostnames do not match:' Please help

2005-05-20 16:09:35
Subject: The Old '[hostnames do not match:' Please help
From: Ted S <wfarqwark AT northtech DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 12:56:12 -0700
I have see a lot of messages on the above issue when running amcheck  - AND -
I still cannot get it working....   The error is below..

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
ERROR: ns2.OurDomain.com: [hostnames do not match: bkup233
bkup233.OurDomain.com]
ERROR: tsudtell.OurDomain.com: [hostnames do not match: bkup233
bkup233.OurDomain.com]
Client check: 3 hosts checked in 10.019 seconds, 2 problems found

The 3ed or working one is 'localhost'

ns2 and tsudtell are the clients and bkup233 is the backup server.
Where do they not match? Client or server?  I can do a nslookup, host on
bkup233 and it gets
the same ip.  I can ping all the names FQ or not.
dig on bkup233 does not return anything, but on  bkup233.OurDomain.com works
find.

I am lost.

Thanks