Amanda-Users

RE: Permission Problem

2005-04-29 09:52:24
Subject: RE: Permission Problem
From: "Gerhardus Geldenhuis" <gerhardus AT necsa.co DOT za>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 15:46:57 +0200

> Actually, I did mean "runtar", a program in the amanda
> distribution. It lives in the libexec directory. It should be
> suid-root and owned by root, and, if located on an nfs-share,
> the share should be mounted with options to enable suid-root bits:
>
> -rwsr-x---    1 root     bin         50992 Dec 20 12:34  runtar

Again no nfs mounts.
I checked the suid-root bits and it is as follows:
server  -rwsr-xr--      root.backup
client1 -rwsr-x---      root.disk       (amcheck works)
client2 -rwsr-x---      root.disk       (non-functioning)
client3 -rwsr-x---      root.disk       (amcheck works

I have a feeling I am missing something simple. I have googled a lot
read and reread the documentation and man files asked on our local lug
but still no luck.

Groete

Gerhardus Geldenhuis
Programmer