Amanda-Users

RE: Permission Problem

2005-04-29 08:42:08
Subject: RE: Permission Problem
From: "Gerhardus Geldenhuis" <gerhardus AT necsa.co DOT za>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 14:37:19 +0200

> > The xinetd is configured correctly so that is not a problem.
>
> You say so, but we can't check it.
> Post the xinetd config for amanda and the result of "id" executed as
> user amanda.
>
> When using dump, a frequent error is that primary group has
> no access to the diskdevice.  Additional groups need to be
> enabled in xinetd by the "groups = yes" directive.
>
> When using gnutar, a frequent error is the lost suid-bits on
> the runtar binary (by incorrect installation, or by executing
> it from a NFS-share mounted without suid option).

I'm using gnutar for all backups and don't do any dumps. All the
directories that I am expierence problems with currently is completely
native and is not shared or mounted nfs-shares.

The permissions on /bin/tar is:
Server rwxr-xr-x
and the non-working client rwxr-xr-x

Here is the info from one of the machines not working:

service amanda
{
        socket_type             = dgram
        protocol                = udp
        wait                    = yes
        user                    = amanda
        group                   = disk
        server                  = /usr/lib/amanda/amandad
        disable                 = no
}

id result as amanda:
uid=33(amanda) gid=6(disk) groups=6(disk),100(users)

I compared this id to a working machines and the only difference is the
additional 100(users).

Groete

Gerhardus Geldenhuis
Programmer