Amanda-Users

v2.5 & ssh & defunct

2005-04-28 19:10:18
Subject: v2.5 & ssh & defunct
From: Mike <miket AT silvercrk DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, amanda-hackers AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:54:39 -0700
I am using 2.5 snapshot. I am using auth=ssh.

As mentioned by someone else, this seems for some reason to leave amandad & sendsize running on the client after the server has detached itself. I haven't found anything interesting in the logs, but probably wouldn't know it if I saw it...

Is there a solution for this, or am I doing something wrong??

2.4.5 worked fine, but needed the 2.5 ssh-auth stuff.

My current solution is to kill everything owned by the backup user at fixed times via cron, but that is just a work-around, not a fix. This is on both debian (testing) and redhat (9).