Amanda-Users

Re: SunOS 5.8 global/user profile and amanda

2005-04-19 09:39:13
Subject: Re: SunOS 5.8 global/user profile and amanda
From: Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:22:32 -0400
On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 02:55:56PM +0200, Iulian Topliceanu enlightened us:
> I've compiled amanda client on a SunOS 5.8 without any problems/errors.
> 'amcheck' ran fine but when backing it up I got this:
>
> FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
>  client   /var lev 0 FAILED [missing result for /var in client response]
>  client   /opt/scripts lev 0 FAILED [missing result for /opt/scripts in
>  client response]
>  client   /opt/as lev 0 FAILED [missing result for /opt/as in client
>  response]
>  client   /etc lev 0 FAILED [missing result for /etc in client response]
>
> amanda.*.debug shows this:
>
> amanda: time 0.003: bsd security: remote host amanda.server user
> amanda local user amanda
> amanda: time 0.003: amandahosts security check passed
> amanda: time 0.003: running service "/usr/local/libexec/sendsize"
> ld.so.1: /usr/local/libexec/sendsize: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed:
> No such file or directory
> amanda: time 0.027: sending REP packet:
>
> Now, this isn't my first amanda-client installation on a SunOS, ld.so.1 is
> present in /usr/lib as it should, and so is libgcc_s.so.1 present in
> /usr/local/lib.
>
> The only difference to the other SunOS servers is the global profile. I've
> used the same tarball and compiled it like on the other SunOS 5.6 machines
> (this is the only one running SunOS 5.8)
>
> My question is: does amanda take some info from /etc/profile or the users
> profile?
>
> Any help would be apreciated.

Is /usr/local/lib in the library path? crle is the command you're looking
for. I haven't had a Solaris box for about 3 years now, so I don't remember
the exact options, but it sounds like that's probably the culprit.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics