Amanda-Users

Re: AW: AW: AW: Problem with tape and labeling (archiving)

2005-04-14 04:50:13
Subject: Re: AW: AW: AW: Problem with tape and labeling (archiving)
From: Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>
To: Sebastian Kösters <skoesters AT sino DOT de>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:44:20 +0200
Sebastian Kösters schrieb:
I just tried to do exactlly all the Steps that cron makes and everything
works...i do not understand it.

what about the pathes of the programs used in your scripts,
are they hardcoded in the script or do you depend on the PATH
variable to be set correct?
if the later, it will not work from user-crontabs ,
as these normaly get executed without the normal user environment set.
does that ring a bell?
Christoph

Cron:

0 1 * * 0 /etc/amanda/label.sh (with DailySet1004)
15 1 * * 0 /usr/sbin/amcheck -a full-Sonntag

Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
ERROR: /dev/nst0: reading label: Input/output error
       (expecting tape DailySet1001 or a new tape)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Server check took 0.198 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.032 seconds, 0 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4p4)

Manually:

bash-3.00$ /etc/amanda/label.sh (with DailySet1004)
rewinding, reading label, reading label: Input/output error
rewinding, writing label DailySet1004, checking label, done.

bash-3.00$ amcheck full-sonntag
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Tape DailySet1004 label ok
Server check took 0.022 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.024 seconds, 0 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4p4)

Cron does exactly the same....?!