Amanda-Users

RE: Large Amanda installations

2005-04-11 14:00:49
Subject: RE: Large Amanda installations
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Nick Jones <nickj AT joneshome DOT us>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:53:26 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 at 3:13pm, Nick Jones wrote

> Wouldn't it still be more efficient to let AMANDA's planner take care of
> which backups go to which drives and at what times?

Oh, sure.  I was just commenting that you *can* (and I do) use a
multi-drive library with amanda now without juke.  Native support would
indeed be nice.  One limitation of my current setup is that any one client
can only be in one of the configs.  Well, you could get around that by
compiling two amanda binaries on such clients as well as the server, but
that's a bit ugly.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering