Amanda-Users

Re: If the owner not amanda.......

2005-04-10 02:28:56
Subject: Re: If the owner not amanda.......
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: ºÞàØáâãÒÐçö Amanda <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 02:24:15 -0400
On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 09:58:04AM +0300, ÁÕàÓöÙ ºÞâÕÝÚÞ wrote:

> > I presume reserve copying is "backing up", i.e. making a backup.
>
> Yes, it is correct.
>
> > Is /var/www or anything under there (localhost or svn)
> > mounted via nfs?  If so, most sites restrict root access
> > on nfs mounts so they do not have special privilege.
> >
> > You can do nfs mounts letting root retain special privileges,
> > but that requires certain options on the mounting and must
> > be weighed against security concerns.
> No, these directories are not mounted on NFS. The scheme such: there is
> a server (guardian) which does a backup, and there is a client (tux) on
> which there are directories/test and/var/www/localhost/svn for which it
> is done a backup. With a directory/test all is normal, I can restore
> files from it, and here at attempt restore files
> with /var/www/localhost/svn amanda deduces the following message:
> (On tux I execute a following command:
> amrecover daily -s guardian -t guardian -d file:/amandatapes/daily/)
>
> amrecover> setdisk /var/www/localhost/svn
> 200 Disk set to /var/www/localhost/svn.
> No index records for disk for specified date
> If date correct, notify system administrator
>
> >But what did the amdump report said about that DLE?
> >The real informative message are there!
> And what such DLE? I apologize for silly questions, but I the beginner
> in amanda.

DLE == Disk List Entry, i.e. one item (or entry) from your disklist file.
In the above case there is probably a line in your disklist something like:

   tux.softline.kiev.ua    /var/www/localhost/svn    comp-root-tar

In your amrecover example, I note you set the disk, but you do not
set the date nor the host.  Perhaps try setting those.

Is indexing turned on in your configuration?
  Check it with "amadmin <config> disklist tux.<...> /var/www/localhost/svn"

Did you get error-free amdump reports for that DLE?

Do you have index files for that DLE on the date you want (stored on guardian).

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)