Amanda-Users

Re: If the owner not amanda.......

2005-04-08 03:34:51
Subject: Re: If the owner not amanda.......
From: Сергій Котенко <kotenko AT softline.kiev DOT ua>
To: Користувачі Amanda <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 09:58:04 +0300

> I presume reserve copying is "backing up", i.e. making a backup.

Yes, it is correct.

> Is /var/www or anything under there (localhost or svn)
> mounted via nfs?  If so, most sites restrict root access
> on nfs mounts so they do not have special privilege.
>
> You can do nfs mounts letting root retain special privileges,
> but that requires certain options on the mounting and must
> be weighed against security concerns.
No, these directories are not mounted on NFS. The scheme such: there is
a server (guardian) which does a backup, and there is a client (tux) on
which there are directories/test and/var/www/localhost/svn for which it
is done a backup. With a directory/test all is normal, I can restore
files from it, and here at attempt restore files
with /var/www/localhost/svn amanda deduces the following message:
(On tux I execute a following command:
amrecover daily -s guardian -t guardian -d file:/amandatapes/daily/)

amrecover> setdisk /var/www/localhost/svn
200 Disk set to /var/www/localhost/svn.
No index records for disk for specified date
If date correct, notify system administrator

>But what did the amdump report said about that DLE?
>The real informative message are there!
And what such DLE? I apologize for silly questions, but I the beginner
in amanda.

Can it is necessary show mine config files?
Thankful in advance for the answer.