Amanda-Users

RE: backup suddenly not working on server

2005-04-04 16:29:38
Subject: RE: backup suddenly not working on server
From: donald.ritchey AT exeloncorp DOT com
To: jdcase AT stmarys-ca DOT edu, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 15:24:32 -0500
Check changes to either your hostname (did anything change in your
/etc/hosts file, /etc/resolv.conf or DNS?) or to the /etc/xinet
configuration on the server that is failing.  The symptoms resemble
those I have seen on our servers when either the program that
inetd/xinetd was trying to run is not available/inaccessible or when
some network glitch occurred that caused the system not recognize
its network address for the Amanda service.

Check the log files in /var/log for any indications of problems with
either the network or Amanda application startup from inetd.  Sorry,
the data you have provided is not detailed enough for me to do more \
than suggest where to look next.

Best wishes,

Donald L. (Don) Ritchey
Information Technology