Amanda-Users

Re:

2005-04-04 10:07:32
Subject: Re:
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, Andrés Fernando Argüelles Delgado <aarguellesdelgado AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 09:04:07 -0500
On Monday 04 April 2005 02:44, Andrés Fernando Argüelles Delgado
wrote:
>I finally made my amanda configuration work, The amcheck results are
>fine, but when I run amdump for a test it sends to
>/var/lib/amanda/dead.letter a error report:
>
>>>From amanda Mon Apr  4 01:36:18 2005
>Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 01:36:18 -0500
>From: Amanda user <amanda>
>To: amanda
>Subject: DailySet1 AMANDA MAIL REPORT FOR April 4, 2005
>
>These dumps were to tape Etiqueta.
>The next tape Amanda expects to use is: Etiqueta.
>
>FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
>  driver: FATAL exec /usr/local/libexec/dumper (dumper0): Permission
> denied driver: FATAL exec /usr/local/libexec/dumper (dumper1):
> Permission denied driver: FATAL exec /usr/local/libexec/dumper
> (dumper2): Permission denied driver: FATAL exec
> /usr/local/libexec/dumper (dumper3): Permission denied localhost
> /Documentos RESULTS MISSING
>

>STATISTICS:
>                          Total       Full      Daily
>                        --------   --------   --------
>Estimate Time (hrs:min)    0:00
>Run Time (hrs:min)         0:00
>Dump Time (hrs:min)        0:00       0:00       0:00
>Output Size (meg)           0.0        0.0        0.0
>Original Size (meg)         0.0        0.0        0.0
>Avg Compressed Size (%)     --         --         --
>Filesystems Dumped            0          0          0
>Avg Dump Rate (k/s)         --         --         --
>
>Tape Time (hrs:min)        0:00       0:00       0:00
>Tape Size (meg)             0.0        0.0        0.0
>Tape Used (%)               0.0        0.0        0.0
>Filesystems Taped             0          0          0
>Avg Tp Write Rate (k/s)     --         --         --
>
>USAGE BY TAPE:
>  Label          Time      Size      %    Nb
>  Etiqueta       0:00       0.0    0.0     0
>

>NOTES:
>  driver: WARNING: got empty schedule from planner
>  driver: dumper0 exited with code 1
>  driver: dumper1 exited with code 1
>  driver: dumper2 exited with code 1
>  driver: dumper3 exited with code 1
>  taper: tape Etiqueta kb 0 fm 0 [OK]
>

>DUMP SUMMARY:
>                                     DUMPER STATS            TAPER
> STATS HOSTNAME     DISK        L ORIG-KB OUT-KB COMP% MMM:SS  KB/s
> MMM:SS  KB/s --------------------------
> --------------------------------- ------------ localhost
> /Documentos   MISSING --------------------------------------
>
>(brought to you by Amanda version 2.4.4)
>
>It seems that amanda attemps to do the backup but not succesfully.
>What could I do for solve this problem
>
>PS:: I attach my conf files

Then when I do look at the disklist, it only has one entry, for

localhost /Documents dir.

You must, if you ever intend to recover, not use localhost because its
universal, you must use that machines FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain
Name)

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
message by Gene Heskett are: