Amanda-Users

Re:

2005-04-04 10:06:47
Subject: Re:
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, Andrés Fernando Argüelles Delgado <aarguellesdelgado AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 09:00:18 -0500
On Monday 04 April 2005 02:44, Andrés Fernando Argüelles Delgado
wrote:
>I finally made my amanda configuration work, The amcheck results are
>fine, but when I run amdump for a test it sends to
>/var/lib/amanda/dead.letter a error report:
>
>>>From amanda Mon Apr  4 01:36:18 2005
>Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 01:36:18 -0500
>From: Amanda user <amanda>
>To: amanda
>Subject: DailySet1 AMANDA MAIL REPORT FOR April 4, 2005
>
>These dumps were to tape Etiqueta.
>The next tape Amanda expects to use is: Etiqueta.
>
>FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
>  driver: FATAL exec /usr/local/libexec/dumper (dumper0): Permission
> denied driver: FATAL exec /usr/local/libexec/dumper (dumper1):
> Permission denied driver: FATAL exec /usr/local/libexec/dumper
> (dumper2): Permission denied driver: FATAL exec
> /usr/local/libexec/dumper (dumper3): Permission denied localhost
> /Documentos RESULTS MISSING
>

>STATISTICS:
>                          Total       Full      Daily
>                        --------   --------   --------
>Estimate Time (hrs:min)    0:00
>Run Time (hrs:min)         0:00
>Dump Time (hrs:min)        0:00       0:00       0:00
>Output Size (meg)           0.0        0.0        0.0
>Original Size (meg)         0.0        0.0        0.0
>Avg Compressed Size (%)     --         --         --
>Filesystems Dumped            0          0          0
>Avg Dump Rate (k/s)         --         --         --
>
>Tape Time (hrs:min)        0:00       0:00       0:00
>Tape Size (meg)             0.0        0.0        0.0
>Tape Used (%)               0.0        0.0        0.0
>Filesystems Taped             0          0          0
>Avg Tp Write Rate (k/s)     --         --         --
>
>USAGE BY TAPE:
>  Label          Time      Size      %    Nb
>  Etiqueta       0:00       0.0    0.0     0
>

>NOTES:
>  driver: WARNING: got empty schedule from planner
>  driver: dumper0 exited with code 1
>  driver: dumper1 exited with code 1
>  driver: dumper2 exited with code 1
>  driver: dumper3 exited with code 1
>  taper: tape Etiqueta kb 0 fm 0 [OK]
>

>DUMP SUMMARY:
>                                     DUMPER STATS            TAPER
> STATS HOSTNAME     DISK        L ORIG-KB OUT-KB COMP% MMM:SS  KB/s
> MMM:SS  KB/s --------------------------
> --------------------------------- ------------ localhost
> /Documentos   MISSING --------------------------------------
>
>(brought to you by Amanda version 2.4.4)
>
>It seems that amanda attemps to do the backup but not succesfully.
>What could I do for solve this problem
>
>PS:: I attach my conf files

The first thing I see is that you only have one tape, but a dumpcycle
of 14 days.  Two things to check.

1) Did you do that test run as root, that won't work.

amanda needs to be configured and built by the user, and most of us
have a user named amanda that does that.  Then the install itself
must be done as root, that way all the permissions are correctly set.
Do it any other way and you wind up in permissions purgatory.  Many of
us use a script to do that configuration and build phase, so that we
do it exactly the same from version to version, no forgotten options
or such that way.

2) You need enough tapes in your tapecycle for
runspercycle*runtapes*(s/b 2 or more here)
>From you conf:
dumpcycle 14 days
tapecycle 1
#runspercycle 4 weeks
runtapes 1

with runspercycle commented out as it is, amanda has no idea what it
is that you really want it to do.  I believe n that case it will
default to the dumpcycle, or 14 in this case.  That would then
presume at least 14 tapes in the tapecycle, and preferably 28 or
more.  Thats a long dumpcycle, longer than most use by quite a bit.

Then you have the tapetype set for HARD-DISK, but then define it as:

define tapetype HARD-DISK{
 comment "Backup en Disco-Duro"
 length 10 mbytes #Simula el final de la cinta en disco duro
}

So, generally speaking, this has no chance of working when you give it
only 10 megabytes of room to do whats probably a multi-gigabyte
system, but I've not looked at your disklist either as this is
sufficient to almost guarantee a failure.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
message by Gene Heskett are: