Amanda-Users

Re: rackmount tape changers

2004-10-28 04:45:46
Subject: Re: rackmount tape changers
From: "Tom Brown" <tom.brown AT goodtechnology DOT com>
To: "Jamie Wilkinson" <jaq AT spacepants DOT org>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:42:34 +0100

> We're looking at increasing our backup capacity, and I'm wondering if
> anyone
> has any recommendations for a rackable tape changer, with about a 9 tape
> capacity (I'm thinking LTO tapes) and a SCSI interface.
>
> Anything at all would help; I'm especially interested in such devices that
> you are using in production with AMANDA, though.

we use these

http://www.de.nec.de/productdetail.php/id/684

they can be rack mounted with the kit and 2 can go side by side in the
rack - They are relatively cheap in comparison to some and so far (about a
year and a half) they have been great. Have capacity for 10 tapes and they
also have a barcode reader

thanks