Amanda-Users

Re: Error with sense data: Info fld=0x40, Current st0: sense key Medium Error

2004-10-21 21:08:30
Subject: Re: Error with sense data: Info fld=0x40, Current st0: sense key Medium Error
From: Ping Wing <z1ngsz0ng AT yahoo DOT com>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>, Jason Miller <jwm AT interlinc DOT net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 18:00:46 -0700 (PDT)

http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/suppbyproduct.jsp?sess=no&language=English+US&cat=%2FTechnology%2FSCSI+Host+Adapters&fromPage=driverindex

> > I looked for AHA-2940 , AHA-2940UW , AHA-2940UW PRO ,  AHA-2940W but theres
> > nothing for
> linux..
>
> For linux this is a standard kernel module.
> Try as root:   modprobe aic7xxx
>
> (Of course, you need the complete scsi support too.)

yes, I have tried with both 2.6.7 and 2.4.27 kernels, and yes theres is aic7xxx
module.

Its just that someone told that this is problem with module and that I should
get new one from
adaptec site...