Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover failing

2004-10-18 14:20:37
Subject: Re: amrecover failing
From: "Brandon D. Valentine" <brandon AT dvalentine DOT com>
To: pll+amanda AT permabit DOT com
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:12:59 -0500
On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 01:26:24PM -0400, pll+amanda AT permabit DOT com wrote:
> I'm trying to use amrecover to restore a users homedir, and keep
> getting the following error when I answer 'Y' to the 'Load tape now'
> question:
>
>     EOF, check amidxtaped.<timestamp>.debug file on
> space-monster.permabit.com.
>     amrecover: short block 0 bytes
>     UNKNOWN file
>     amrecover: Can't read file header
>     extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1

Whenever I have seen this error from amrecover it is because the tape
you are restoring from has not been rewound prior to running amrecover.
Load the correct tape and then use 'mt -f /dev/tapedevice rewind' to
make sure the tape is rewound before letting amrecover run and see if
that helps you.

HTH,

Brandon
--
Pseudo-Random Googlism:  fall is a good time to focus on herd health