Amanda-Users

AIX 5.1 installation

2004-10-05 08:26:27
Subject: AIX 5.1 installation
From: Jorge Godoy <godoy AT ieee DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 09:18:43 -0300
Hi!

I'm needing to make an installation of amanda in a mix of machines
(Windows 2K, Linux and AIX 4.3 and 5.1).  The tape drive will be located
in one AIX 5.1.  Has anybody had trouble with such an environment?  Any
hints I should follow before going to the "battle field"? :-)

I've done installations of Amanda in Linux servers and also backing up
Windows data.  The new thing to me are the AIX servers...  They have
no tool that isn't available in a new installation.

Thanks for your help,
--
Godoy.     <godoy AT ieee DOT org>