Amanda-Users

Re: tapelist file

2004-10-04 22:43:24
Subject: Re: tapelist file
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 22:38:51 -0400
On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 07:02:01PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Monday 04 October 2004 06:41, teo73 AT ciaoweb DOT it wrote:
> >Hi,
> >  i' m trying to label a tape with the command
> > amlabel -f "config" "string" and the answer is "amlabel: could not
> > load tapelis "PATH_TO_TAPELIST"
> >   i' ve tried with an empty tapelist file , without tapelist file
> > and with a tapelist file with only ste "string" ;  also in my
> > amanda.conf file as "labelstr" i got only th "string": So what' s
> > up !!!! please HEEEEEEEELP!
> >       Teo
>
> Your amanda.conf file should have a line in it that points at the file
> "tapelist", in my case its:
> tapelist "/usr/local/etc/amanda/Daily/tapelist"
>
> This file must exist, and it must be owned/readable/writeable by
> amanda.  Its sufficient, generally, to just have the user amanda
> touch it to create it with the correct perms.  Also, in the error
> message you quoted, the final 't' is missing, so I'd suspect a typo
> of some sort there.

I forget the details now, and whether it was fixed, but someone
reported that the tapelist file not only had to exist, but either
had to be zero length (not even a blank line) or had to have a
blank line. Sorry I forget which.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)