Amanda-Users

Recommended Changer script setup

2004-10-04 14:18:48
Subject: Recommended Changer script setup
From: "Lauro, John" <jlauro AT umflint DOT edu>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 13:20:32 -0400
Hello,

I am new to amanda....  and after a slow-going process (not all directly from Amanda, some was in first getting MTX to work, etc)  I have it mostly working (for one machine, have to add clients to other boxes yet...).  (IE: It would be nice if the install script was a little more user friendly/complete, such as toching required files (but can be blank) such as tapelist...)

It's working with the chg-zd-mtx, but...  I now realize that it appears that chg-zd-mtx only supports one tape drive in the library, even though MTX supports multiple drives...

What/how should I configure it work with a multi-drive library?  There appears to be many options...  (It's a Spectra 10000 under Linux that I am trying to get running, and the library has two drives installed).

PS: I started to install juke, but it failed a quick make, so I decided I should get some recommendations as to what might be the best option.

Thanks.