Amanda-Users

Re: How exactly does Amanda get access to files?

2004-09-20 12:08:39
Subject: Re: How exactly does Amanda get access to files?
From: Ivan Petrovich <laveer AT tuphaan.engr.wichita DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:03:18 -0500

> Alternatively, you can back up the files on the NFS server instead of on the
> client.
>
> Gr{oetje,eeting}s,
>
>                                               Geert

I am not udnerstanding this.

I have host A with files that I want to back up.
I have host B which runs the amanda server as well as amanda client.
Host A is HPUX machine and I couldn't get the Amanda HP client to
compile, but host B is GNU/Linux and is happily running an Amanda
client.
So I export files from host A (the NFS server) and mount them on host
B (the NFS client), and run amdump on host B (the Amanda client) to
back up to host B (the Amanda server).

So how is it that I can do it differently?

Thanks!

Ivan