Amanda-Users

Re: How exactly does Amanda get access to files?

2004-09-20 12:03:53
Subject: Re: How exactly does Amanda get access to files?
From: George Kelbley <kelbley AT cs.unm DOT edu>
To: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert AT linux-m68k DOT org>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:00:37 -0600
My experience is that this is much slower than directly to the amanda server, but I guess there would be a lot of variable from site to site.

Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, Ivan Petrovich wrote:

Thanks for the information. You folks answered my question about how
amanda has access to all files as root, and I believe you are right
about root squash. I will look at the NFS export to try to fix the
problem.

Alternatively, you can back up the files on the NFS server instead of on the
client.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                                                Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- geert AT linux-m68k
DOT org

                                                            -- Linus Torvalds

--
George Kelbley                  System Support Group
Computer Science Department     University of New Mexico