Amanda-Users

autoflush not working, found amgetconf isn't either

2004-09-16 16:19:56
Subject: autoflush not working, found amgetconf isn't either
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:14:22 -0400
Greetings;

In my quest to convert amanda to file: useage, I've made note that due
to config errors, or perms, there have been some leftovers to delete
from time to time in my /dumps directory.  I left a slightly over a
gig file from my /usr/dlds-rpms directory back on the 12th due to
insufficient space in the tapetype.  I said no prob, it will
autoflush it tommorrow morning.

Except that it hasn't.  Since I killed the data disk by formatting it
this morning while re-arranging the drive for a /var partition so
that I might capture the logs when the system suddenly decides that /
is read-only, the journal has died.  Thats what I get for bleeding
edge kernels I guess, but thats also how we get safe, stable kernels
with new features.

Then, I thought I'd see if I had it right in my amanda.conf, and ran:
amgetconf Daily, and got this immutable reply, immutable no matter how
I specify the path to amanda.conf.

amanda@coyote amanda-2.4.5b1-20040915]$ amgetconf Daily
could not open conf file
"/home/amanda/amanda-2.4.5b1-20040915/amanda.conf": No such file or
directory
amgetconf: errors processing config file
"/home/amanda/amanda-2.4.5b1-20040915/amanda.conf"
[amanda@coyote amanda-2.4.5b1-20040915]$

Anyone have any ideas why its stuck looking for a file that doesn't
exist unless I copy it to there?

And...  If I copy it there, then I get this:
------------
[amanda@coyote amanda-2.4.5b1-20040915]$
cp /usr/local/etc/amanda/Daily/amanda.conf .
[amanda@coyote amanda-2.4.5b1-20040915]$ amgetconf Daily
amgetconf: no such parameter "Daily"
BUGGY
------------
I think its right, its BUGGY...  :-)

The last time I actually looked at that autoflush code, at least a
year ago, it appeared that just the presence of the keyword was all
it took to set that variable, but the docs then said it was yes or
no.  So its presently set for

autoflush yes

On its own line in my amanda.conf.

Any comments?  Jump right in.