Amanda-Users

Re: tapedef for Sony SDX-D500C streamer

2004-07-29 17:07:21
Subject: Re: tapedef for Sony SDX-D500C streamer
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: Rainer Hofmann <hofmann AT labormerten DOT de>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:59:55 -0400
On Thursday 29 July 2004 10:35, Rainer Hofmann wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm looking for a tapedefinition for tape type "Sony SDX2-50C 230m
> 64k". I couldn't find an entry at the "tapelist" at amanda.org.
>
>Has anyone got a definition or can point me where to find the
>"amtapetype" tool?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Rainer Hofmann

Its in the distribution, although if you have an old rpm, it may be
called just tapetype.  In that event, find a newer rpm, or
preferably, build it from a tarball.

Generally, we'ed rather not have to deal with rpms as the tarball is
so easy to make and install.  I use a script, executed as the user
amanda to do all the configuration and making, then become root to do
the make install.  The whole thing is about 5-6 minutes on a 1400XP
athlon machine.

This script gets posted every so often, so its not more than 2-4 weeks
back in the lists archives.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: