Amanda-Users

Re: install amanda on macosx-server

2004-07-28 01:54:26
Subject: Re: install amanda on macosx-server
From: Bert_De_Ridder AT peopleware DOT be
To: josh <josh AT saratoga.lib.ny DOT us>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 07:49:54 +0200

You'll have to configure it using the --without-server directive

Probably best to use hfstar in stead of tar too ( http://www.metaobject.com/Products.html#hfstar ) to backup resource forks.
(configure using  --with-gnutar=/path/to/hfstar )

hth

Bert De Ridder

PeopleWare NV - Head Office

Cdt.Weynsstraat 85
B-2660 Hoboken
Tel: +32 3 448.33.38
Fax: +32 3 448.32.66

PeopleWare NV - Branch Office Geel

Kleinhoefstraat 5
B-2440 Geel
Tel: +32 14 57.00.90
Fax: +32 14 58.13.25

http://www.peopleware.be
http://www.mobileware.be

josh <josh AT saratoga.lib.ny DOT us>
Sent by: owner-amanda-users AT amanda DOT org

28/07/2004 05:35

amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
cc
Subject
install amanda on macosx-server

I have a new mac G5 Xserve and have been told that Amanda will work
just find as a back up. I am already running Amanda (2.4.2) with an old Linux
machine serving as a tape host.

I haven't found any instructions or accounts on installing Amanda on
OSX machines. ( I suspect this is simply because the terms "Mac OS X
server" wind up matching to much indvidually, but nothing as a string
- making it hard for me to find previous related posts.)

Can a kind soul point me in the right direction?

Will I be able to compile the 2.4.2 client on OS X or will I have to
upgrade to 2.4.4?

I am currently using gnu tar and zip with linux. Will I have trouble
with Mac versions of gnu tar and zip programs?

--
Josh Kuperman
josh AT saratoga.lib.ny DOT us