Amanda-Users

install amanda on macosx-server

2004-07-27 23:43:10
Subject: install amanda on macosx-server
From: josh <josh AT saratoga.lib.ny DOT us>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 23:35:03 -0400
I have a new mac G5 Xserve and have been told that Amanda will work
just find as a back up. I am already running Amanda (2.4.2) with an old Linux
machine serving as a tape host.

I haven't found any instructions or accounts on installing Amanda on
OSX machines. ( I suspect this is simply because the terms "Mac OS X
server" wind up matching to much indvidually, but nothing as a string
- making it hard for me to find previous related posts.)

Can a kind soul point me in the right direction?

Will I be able to compile the 2.4.2 client on OS X or will I have to
upgrade to 2.4.4?

I am currently using gnu tar and zip with linux. Will I have trouble
with Mac versions of gnu tar and zip programs?

--
Josh Kuperman
josh AT saratoga.lib.ny DOT us