Amanda-Users

Looking for sample config files

2004-07-21 11:08:09
Subject: Looking for sample config files
From: CPH <CP.Hennessy AT openapp DOT biz>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:08:02 +0100
Hi,
  I have very simple needs for an amanda installation :
- backup one server which also contains the tape drive;
- incremental nightly backup - essentially 2 databases ;
- full weekly backup;
- I have a dump disk with 1G free

I find the Amanda documentation (from what I can find of it), quite confusing
- no I am not generally a sys admin, but my admin skills are ok.
If anyone has an example file which I could look at I would really appreciate
it. Otherwise if you think amanda is too powerful for such a simple problem,
can you please recommend another solution :(

For what I am trying to do I find the following confusing :
dumpcycle 4 weeks       # the number of days in the normal dump cycle
runspercycle 20         # the number of amdump runs in dumpcycle days
                        # (4 weeks * 5 amdump runs per week -- just weekdays)
tapecycle 25 tapes      # the number of tapes in rotation

Any help appreciated, please CC: me as I am not a subscriber,

CP Hennessy