Amanda-Users

Re: disklist and whitespaces

2004-07-15 13:21:23
Subject: Re: disklist and whitespaces
From: Andrea Borgia <borgia AT cs.unibo DOT it>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:18:03 +0200
Michael D Schleif wrote:

Assuming that you are backing up over Samba, what I do is share
"Documents and Settings" as something else (e.g., docs), which
alleviates this problem.

Nope, sorry I forgot that bit: the client is running Linux and I am trying to backup that directory that is located on the Windows partition on the same disk and mounted read-only.

Can anything be done in this situation? I mean, short of having XP zipping the directory and placing the result in a "well-behaved" path.

Andrea.

--
Homepage: http://andrea.borgia.bo.it     /    Amateur radio: IZ4FHT