Amanda-Users

Re: Issues with tape changers

2004-07-14 10:23:42
Subject: Re: Issues with tape changers
From: Gaby vanhegan <gaby AT vanhegan DOT net>
To: Gaby vanhegan <gaby AT vanhegan DOT net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:21:11 +0100

On 14 Jul 2004, at 15:14, Gaby vanhegan wrote:

Well, if I could make mtx compile under OpenBSD, that would be lovely.

And I don't think it's going to. Having a look at the errors and the header files, it's clear that there is simply no device support for OpenBSD in mtx:

/* Now greately modified to use GNU Autoconf stuff: */
/* If we use the 'sg' interface, like Linux, do this: */
#if HAVE_SCSI_SG_H
#  include <scsi/scsi.h>
#  include <scsi/scsi_ioctl.h>
#  include <scsi/sg.h>
typedef int DEVICE_TYPE; /* the sg interface uses this. */
#  define HAVE_GET_ID_LUN 1  /* signal that we have it... */
#endif

/* The 'cam' interface, like FreeBSD: */
#if HAVE_CAMLIB_H
#  include <camlib.h> /* easy (?) access to the CAM user library. */
#  include <cam/cam_ccb.h>
#  include <cam/scsi/scsi_message.h> /* sigh sigh sigh! */
typedef struct cam_device *DEVICE_TYPE;
#endif

And there's nothing like these for OpenBSD, and none of these interfaces seem to exist, so DEVICE_TYPE never gets defined as a struct, which explains why the compilation fails, citing DEVICE_TYPE as it's error...

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Knowledge of an OpenBSD version of MTX? What I can do to make it compile?

Gaby

--
Uganda Maximum - Enemy of the English Thrust
gaby AT vanhegan DOT net