Amanda-Users

Problem with setting "dumpcycle 0 day"

2004-07-14 05:59:54
Subject: Problem with setting "dumpcycle 0 day"
From: "Kenny Mok (Wing Fung)" <webinfo AT wfgold DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 17:56:15 +0800
Dear all,

I have the following setting in my amanda.conf :

dumpcycle 0 day # the number of days in the normal dump cycle
tapecycle 12 tapes # the number of tapes in rotation
runspercycle 1
runtapes 1

The situation is I have 12 tapes and I want to full backup my server
each day, 6 times a week. Thus, the above setting is originally intended
lasting for 2 weeks and after that, reusing the tape-set from tape 1 again.

In the first week, the first 6 tapes worked exactly in the way I want,
i.e. full backup the server each day. However, when the second week
begins, the 7th tape only backup those incremental changes (no full
backup at all), as shown in the following report :

STATISTICS:
                          Total       Full      Daily
                        --------   --------   --------
Estimate Time (hrs:min)    0:02
Run Time (hrs:min)         0:52
Dump Time (hrs:min)        0:50       0:00       0:50
Output Size (meg)         245.1        0.0      245.1
Original Size (meg)      1335.0        0.0     1335.0
Avg Compressed Size (%)    18.4        --        18.4   (level:#disks ...)
Filesystems Dumped            1          0          1   (1:1)
Avg Dump Rate (k/s)        83.5        --        83.5

So ... where is the mistake ?? Could anyone rectify my mistake ??
Thanks in advance ~~!!!

^_^