Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda Through firewall

2004-07-13 05:01:55
Subject: Re: Amanda Through firewall
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 04:54:38 -0400
On Tuesday 13 July 2004 00:48, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>Can I allow amanda backup server to talk through firewall for
> accessing amanda client host, Is there any way out
>
>Any help

You'll have to open up some high numbered ports.  I think its in the
docs as to which ones, and which protocol.

I really should let those who are doing it answer these questions, my
whole system is behind a firewall, so the machines don't have to
worry about that, leaving me inexperienced at advising..

There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.
Soap, ballot, jury, and ammo.
Please use in that order, starting now.  -Ed Howdershelt, Author
Additions to this message made by Gene Heskett are Copyright 2004,
Maurice E. Heskett, all rights reserved.