Amanda-Users

`RESULTS MISSING' error

2004-07-13 11:34:35
Subject: `RESULTS MISSING' error
From: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert AT linux-m68k DOT org>
To: Amanda Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 17:26:49 +0200 (MEST)
        Hi,

I'm trying to make Amanda backup my home network (several Linux machines) to
disk. My first plan is to specify a non-existent tape drive (I don't have a
tape drive anymore), and just copy the archives from the holding disk to a
remote disk.

However, I always (for both local and remote disks) get the following error
(after the missing tape error, of course):

    anakin     sda5 RESULTS MISSING

I started from the amanda.conf I used to backup to DDS tape some years ago, so
I'm quite sure it's not a problem with the config file. Basically I just added
`reserve 20'. Am I missing something?

If needed, I can tar-up /tmp/amanda/.

Or should I use the `file' output driver? It seems to be less flexible to me.

Thanks!

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                                                Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- geert AT linux-m68k
DOT org

                                                            -- Linus Torvalds