Amanda-Users

Examples of large and small Amanda installs

2004-06-29 17:47:38
Subject: Examples of large and small Amanda installs
From: Fran Fabrizio <fran AT cis.uab DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 16:41:24 -0500
I'm looking for some examples of large and small Amanda installs to demonstrate the scalability of Amanda for the presentation I'm developing for OSCON. I know that there are tapeless, one-client installs out there, I'd like to talk to you about your particular setup. And I also know that there are much larger installs out there than what I have experience with - I've heard from a user that does 400GB nightly but I'm certain we can beat that. :-)

While we're on the topic, I'll repeat my request for items that you would like to see included in an Amanda presentation that were particularly tricky or confusing or interesting to you. The talk is only 45 minutes so I can't go into anywhere near the depth that Amanda deserves, but I will be providing a lot of supplemental slides and material that attendees can review afterwards, so even if I can't work your idea into the presentation I can try to clarify it in the supporting docs.

It might be best to take the responses off-list.  :-)  Thanks!

--
Fran Fabrizio
Senior Systems Analyst