Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover problem (SOLVED)

2004-06-29 11:38:32
Subject: Re: amrecover problem (SOLVED)
From: Frederic Medery <dist-list AT LEXUM.UMontreal DOT CA>
To: Bernard McAuley <bernard.mcauley AT phyworks-ic DOT com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:53:26 -0400
Hello,

during the amrestore I use settape to force /dev/nst0 instead of 0 (thanks Bernard).

And during recover, I  answer no to :
owner/mode for '.'? [yn] n

I'll change the localhost inside the disklist

thanks to all !!

Frederic Medery
System Administrator

LexUM, University of Montreal

Bernard McAuley wrote:

Hi,

I've had the same message yesterday - I suggest you read the
/tmp/Amanda/amidxtaped.<timestamp>.debug file and post the contents.  In
my case amrecover was being passed a '0' for the tapedev instead of a
suitable tape device.  This was because it was picking up my chg-scsi
setup, and mapping the device name (0) instead of the device type
(/dev/nst0) to amrestore.  I worked around this but using the settape
/dev/nst0 to pick up the tape device directly and avoid the /dev/sg
devices altogether which amrestore couldn't cope with.

Regards,

Bernard McAuley
bernard.mcauley AT phyworks-ic DOT com